Ruby on Rails developer
About the employer
Company is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Duties and responsibilities
- Build a supply management system
- Integrations with other systems (API’s etc.)
- Estimation of main requirements
- Proposes the pragmatic solution to painful problems
- Finds opportunities to teach others
- Kindly and consistently pushes the team forward, but knows how to pick their battles
Scout RFP, a Workday company, is a leading provider in cloud-based strategic sourcing solutions that help organizations source faster and achieve better business outcomes. It’s disrupting the market with an intuitive and modern cloud-based platform that encompasses everything from project intake through sourcing pipeline to contract and supplier management to RFx and reverse auction tools.
- Ruby on Rails, React and Redux with ES6 and SCSS, Sidekiq, Redis, ElasticSearch and WebSockets, PostgreSQL (willingness to drop from ActiveRecord to raw SQL when it makes sense), Elixir, Phoenix GraphQL, AWS.
- We have QA specialists, but unit-tests are done by developers. We work, using TDD.
- dual-track Agile with 2-week sprints
- Minimum 4+ years of software development experience. The team is growing, and we have openings for Senior and strong Mid-level candidates.
- Minimum 2+ years RoR experience
- Experience with unit testing
- Higher Education IT/Telecommunication
- English - fluent
Nice to have:
- Experience (or interest in) data engineering, API design or integrations
- Experience (or interest in) event-driven architectures
- Experience with Postgres and writing well-tuned queries
- Experience with Elixir or Phoenix
- Salary: I can say at the interview.
- RSU - Restricted Stock Units
- 23 holidays + public holidays
- Benefits – healthcare insurance will be offered, being finalized at the moment as part of the acquisition.
- Other benefits include a wellness benefit which is about 46 euro a month, can be used for a hobby/gym/etc.
- Complex features, complex tasks
- Great opportunity to influence the development of the product
- Opportunity to work with great professionals in an international team
- This project grows very fast and Workday is a big company – it offers chances to grow individually from point of knowledge and opens as well new career perspectives
- Relocation assistance available for candidate & dependants/spouse/partner. Consultation about the documents needed. Flights for family, including luggage (30kg for one person), all the paperwork is covered, 30 days apartment, help with finding a permanent apartment. Help to fit-in in Riga.